Monday, March 17, 2008

Doctor Evil Goodwrench


Gadabout is sitting at the local Chevrolet dealership waiting for his 2003 Trailblazer to be serviced. A journey that began as a planned round of routine maintenance to replace the full Monty of fluids, has turned into a trip to the horror flick to watch Freddy slice up and burn Jason. The worst part of it all is that I brought my car into meet Mr Goodwrench on what I thought gentle terms – preventive. To Gadabout, preventive is akin to kindness, love and care. As it turns out, preventive to Mr Goodwrench means a root cannel and two crowns. Mr Goodwrench, as it turns out, is a Dentist; and his house is a house of pain.

It seems I have a leaky axel seal and dirty throttle plate, in addition to needing all the fluids replaced (so I’m told). The grand total comes to just short of $1,300 USD. I guess the most appropriate statement I can make is, “Let them eat cake.” If it's required to keep my motor vehicle motoring safely, then so be it. Sure, I could do the work myself and get my hands dirty for the day, but where would I find time to write to all of you about my experience with Dr Good “Evil” Wrench. Think about that for a moment or two.

Oh, and before I forget, as I was hitting on the maintenance lady, she caved in to my flirtations and slipped me a 10% off coupon. I feel like a blond chick flashing a toothy smile to a cop and given a warning to slow down. Jesus, I love this country!

No comments: